Get in touch with us
An ingrown problem overcome by laser hair removal
Ingrown hairs are one of the most bothersome and unsightly things on the body. Ingrown hairs can also be a painful hassle for both women and men.
What are ingrown hairs?
The razor bump condition is also medically termed pseudofolliculitis barbae. Development of ingrown hairs occur when they are broken off short with a sharp tip. Ingrown hairs can be cause by different types of hair removal methods. This includes the following:
- Depilatories- dissolve the hair using chemicals instead of it breaking or being pulled from the root. One of the least likely temporary hair removal methods to cause ingrown hair.
- Shaving- the hair is removed at or just below the skin with the blunt cut of the razor. Ingrown hair is most likely to be cause by this method.
- Tweezing- distortion of the hair follicle is caused as the tweezer pulls the hair from the root. The angle of growth is consequently improper, cause ingrown hair.
- Waxing- distortion of the hair growth also occurs as hair is pulled from the root.
- Electrolysis- a metal probe is inserted into the hair follicle, followed by a mild electronic current killing the hair. The results of this method are varying, but eliminates ingrown hair if successful.
- Laser Hair Removal- successful procedures destroy the hair follicles by using laser lights, permanently reducing hair growth. Ingrown hair is also overcome.
While traditional techniques such as shaving and waxing remove unwanted hair temporarily, they lead to annoying rashes and ingrown hair. Laser hair removal technology ensures that ingrown hairs are eliminated and skin has a smooth and flawless finish. How does the laser hair removal procedure work? Wavelengths of light energy are gently delivered to both the hair shaft and follicle in pulses, through a delicate, computer-controlled hand piece. Effectively, the source of the unwanted hair growth problem is targeted and treated, therefore allowing for permanent results.
CANDELA’S GentleLASE Alexandrite Laser
Get in touch with us
At Results Laser Clinic Sydney, we believe that Candela’s Alexandrite GentleLASE provides the most effective treatment for laser hair removal. For details, specifications and further reading on the Alexandrite GentleLASE, please look below. The Alexandrite systems is Candelas’ premier laser for removing hair. Gentlelase is a revolutionary long-pulse high energy laser which emits a gentle beam of light that passes through the skin to the hair follicle where it is absorbed. The laser energy is transformed into heat, which destroys the hair follicle leaving the surrounding skin unaffected. The GentleLASE treats all skin types quickly, comfortably and effectively. The Candela family of lasers are fast, versatile and easy to use. The skin is further protected during treatment by a Dynamic Cooling Device™ (DCD) where cryogen is sprayed onto the skin cooling the upper layers and providing patients with increased comfort. The GentleYAG selectivity helps to protect the skin, while effectively treating the unwanted hair.
Results Laser uses the GentleLASE as it provides the following advantages:
- Speed: Treat more patients faster and more comfortably with the largest spot size and fastest repetition rate found on any hair removal laser.
- Efficacy: Watts of peak power enables the GentleLASE and GentleYAG and to treat a variety of conditions unlike any other laser on the market today.
- Easy To Use: Deep penetration with minimal scattering of laser energy makes the GentleLASE ideal for all skin types.
Candela Gentlelase Specifications
|Laser Type||Flashlamp excited long-pulse alexandrite laser|
|Pulse||Rep Rate up to 1.5 HzDuration 3 ms|
|Spot Sizes (diameter)||6 mm, 8 mm, 10 mm, 12 mm, 15 mm, 18 mm|
|Fluence Range||Up to 100 J/cm2*|
|Beam Delivery||Lens-coupled 2.5 m optical fiber with handpiece|
|Pulse Control||Fingerswitch, Footswitch|
|Dimensions||35” W x 16”W x 28” D(89 cm x 41 cm x 71 cm)|
|Weight||210 lbs (95 kg)|
|Electrical||230 V 50/60 Hz, single phase, 16A|